Frylight Cooking Spray
300g skinless cod fillets (or any other white fish)
salt & pepper for seasoning
3 tbsp plain flour
2 eggs, beaten
150g golden breadcrumbs
2 medium size sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
200g frozen peas
A squeeze of lemon to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan. Spray a roasting tray generously with Frylight and put in the oven for a few minutes to warm up.
- Put the sweet potato wedges onto the tray and spray again all over with Frylight. Season with salt and pepper and put into the oven for 25 minutes, until cooked through and starting to go crispy on the edges.
- Cut the fish into fish finger size slices. Put on a plate and season both sides with salt.
- Put the flour into one shallow bowl, the breadcrumbs into another, and the beaten eggs into a small bowl.
- One by one, put the fish fingers into the flour so they are fully coated. Shake off any flour, then dip into the egg mixture, and then straight into the breadcrumbs, coating them on all sides.
- Spray the surface a non-stick, ovenproof frying pan well with Frylight, put over a medium heat and wait until the Frylight goes clear. Place the fish fingers into the frying pan and fry for 3 minutes on each side, so the breadcrumbs turn golden. Once cooked on both sides, put the frying pan into the oven at 200°C/ 180°C for 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Cook the peas for 2-3 minutes in boiling water, drain and serve with the wedges, fish fingers and a squeeze of lemon.