Frylight cooking spray
150g light brown sugar
150g unsalted butter, softened
150g self raising flour
250g carrot, peeled and grated
100g raisins or sultanas
2tbsp natural yogurt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp ground ginger (optional)
pinch of fine salt
for the drizzle;
100g icing sugar
zest of 1 orange
- Preheat your oven to 170°C / 150°C fan. Spray the bottom and sides of a 22cm loaf tin well.
- Using a standing electric mixer or an electric hand held whisk, beat together the sugar and butter until pale.
- Add the eggs and beat in.
- Add the flour, raisins, carrots, yogurt, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger (if using) and a pinch of salt into the bowl and combine everything together with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and place into the oven for 1 hour - 1 hour 10, until risen and golden, and an inserted skewer into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool for at least 30 minutes before removing the cake from the tin.
- To make the icing drizzle, put the icing sugar into a small mixing bowl. Add the water a mix together until smooth.
- Once the cake is completely cool, drizzle the icing over the top of the cake, sprinkle over the orange zest and enjoy!