Cheesy Vegetable Bake
A quick, easy and delicious recipe that is guaranteed to go down well with all the family! Freezes well too.
1 hour 30 mins
Tags: Father’s day, Mother’s day
720 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
4 to 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 shallots, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 leek, sliced into rings
150g trimmed green beans, halved
1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
2 medium sized carrots, thinly slice
For the cheese sauce:
1 tablespoon plain flour
100g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Spray a large baking dish with Frylight to cover the cooking surface.
- Place half of the potatoes in the baking dish. Sprinkle the chopped shallots over the top and spray again with Frylight. Season with salt and pepper. Add the leek, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli and carrot.
- To make the cheese sauce, heat the butter over medium heat in a frying pan. Add the flour and stir with the butter to combine well. Mix the water and milk together and slowly add to the pan, whisking constantly to ensure a smooth mixture. Reduce heat to low and add half of the cheese. Stir until cheese has melted, remove from heat and pour 3/4 of the mixture over the vegetables.
- Layer the remaining potatoes on top of the cheese sauce and vegetables. Cover with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until vegetables are tender and cheese is crisp.