Frylight Coconut Oil Cooking Spray (for greasing)
60g coconut oil
200ml plant based milk
2 tbsp lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar
8 tbsp Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
100g carrot, grated
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
150g ground walnuts or almonds
150g self-raising flour
2 heaped tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave.
- Once melted, add the milk to the same bowl along with the lemon juice - set aside to curdle for ten minutes.
- Add in the CARAMEL SYRUP, grated carrot, desiccated coconut and ground walnuts.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it's looking too dry.
- Spray the inside of your baking tin all over with Frylight Coconut Oil Cooking Spray to grease the edges.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in oven for 30 - 35 minutes until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Once out the oven, immediately remove cake from baking tin and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.