Frylight Cooking Spray
1 large unwaxed lemon, juice and zest
150g caster sugar
160ml low-fat natural yogurt
150ml sunflower oil
270g self-raising flour
2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Spray a 20cm diameter round cake tin well with Frylight.
- Pour the lemon juice into a small bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
- Place the lemon zest in a large bowl and add the remaining sugar with the yogurt, oil, flour and eggs. Using a wooden spoon mix everything together for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and cook in the middle of the oven for 55 minutes or until risen and springy when touched.
- Remove the cake from the oven and stand the tin on a cooling rack. Slowly spoon the prepared lemon juice over the hot cake. Allow it to cool down completely in the tin before turning out.
- Once completely cooled add a light lemon icing or icing sugar, slice and enjoy.