Frylight Cooking Spray
285g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
225g caster sugar
2 free-range eggs
4 ripe bananas, mashed (the riper the better)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Spray a 20cm x 12.5cm loaf tin well with Frylight. Pour the cake mixture into the tin.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour, or until well-risen and golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.